Friday, September 5, 2008

Reliving the past...and messing with your child's mind

You know how sometimes over long weekeneds some TV stations will run a marathon of a show? Well this past weekend VH1 had an 80's marathon. Now my hubby and I were both in high school during the 80's. We discovered this little trip down memory lane while playing flip the channels. Some songs we remembered and others we didn't. Most though made us say....hey I remember hearing that one while doing .........Or I was going to.....while hearing this one. Since it was 80 wonderful hours of 80's music our eldest child got to listen in on some of it one night. All is well, we are having a grand time listening to it and watching the videos, then we hear --- HEY, I like this song - they play it on the radio....I thought it was a new one. OR....You mean that band has been around that long?! Yeah...makes you feel real old real fast. OR......MOM DAD they had hair and clothes like that ?!PLEEEEAAAASE tell me you didn't look like that ?! No son, daddy didn't have frizzed out hair down his back nor did he wear spandex pants. Me, well I went between doing the rocker babe thing, Go Go thing and Madonna look. The look on his face!! LOL. It took a while to convince him that I did not dress like anyone in the videos. The poor child...hope I didn't scar him too bad.

Think I will go easy on him this weekend. He might not be able to take another scare like that. LOL

2 comments:

*Jodi* said...

I LOVE 80's marathons!

Chris said...

It was great! SOme of the videos really had me giggling.