Friday, August 29, 2008

TGIF

This has been a BUSY week. Kids are back in school. The oldest is now in 7th grade and amazed by the growth changes in some of the students. And I don't mean in just height. It has also been reported that there seems to be some girls on the prowl asking some of the boys out. Yes, some 7th and 8th grade girls are going around either solo or in packs asking the poor unsuspecting boys out. My son and a friend of his declined.

Our matching little peanuts have now entered into the world of kindergarten and have successfully ridden the school bus to and from school a grand total of one day. They declared that so far school is easy, and they have a nice bus driver- not like their brothers mean and grouchy one. We are getting a kick out of their description of their day at school. Sometimes it comes with voice inflections, hand use and facials, not stopping to breathe.......oh and talking on top of each other or picking right up where one left off.

While walking back up from the bus stop yesterday morning I stopped and talked with a neighbor. Warned about the packs of girls roaming the middle school halls. Her son is also in 7th grade. She sd you know it kind of surprises me but doesn't. I sd yeah hormones are raging in the girls. She sd yes but also think about it this way. We are taught as young girls to go together - safty in numbers. Wherever we went we were always with a family member or a girlfriend - or more. Might kind of explain that phenomenon of one female has to go to the bathroom - they all get up and go, even if they all don't need to use it. Saftey in numbers. Not to mention news sharing, note comparing...you know - all that girl stuff.

Soooo with a few hours of time all to myself everyday...I hope to accomplish great things.
  • Find my office is at the top of the list. I pick away at it some everyday in hopes of getting it to where I want it to be soon. Then I think I'm putting a lock on the door. That way no one can come in unless I say so. LOL
  • I can use the bathroom and take a shower in QUIET! No little fingers wiggling under the door or voices saying mommy what are you doing. Followed within 5 min. with the twin coming and doing the same
  • Finish planning my Ebay store. Yup, I decided tht all our outgrowns, and other various items not used by us anymore is going to be sold. This time plan on doing a store and not just selling one or two things here and there.
  • Getting re-connected with friends from long ago and not so long ago.
  • Saying to myself - why did I say I would do that?! Volunteering in school and soccer....hmmmm did I say yes one too many times...
  • See my garden through to the end....and start planning on next years
  • Think a complete thought without an interruption...or two...or three.....
  • Read or talk on the phone.....in quiet

Well the bus will be here soon. I hope everyone has a good Labor Weekend. BSU will be playing their first game tomorrow so all their devoted fans are getting ready for it.

No comments: